If you needed to create a brand new CQ “author” instance without the Geometrixx sample content, you can perform the following steps:
1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed a v1.7.0 Oracle HotSpot JDK.
2) Make sure the environment variable JAVA_HOME points to the 1.7 JDK and the PATH environment variable contains the /bin folder of the JDK
3) Rename the downloaded CQ JAR file to cq-5.6-author-p4502.jar
4) From a command prompt, run the following command:
java -server -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xms4096M -Xmx4096M -XX:NewRatio=1 -jar cq5-5.6-author-p4502.jar -r author, nosamplecontent
5) Login and verify that there is no Geometrixx content.
More information available in this blog entry by Adobe Solution Architect Dheeraj Khanna.